Fishing Trip Options, Gear & Pricing
Fishing Trip Options
There is a wide variety of species that we are able to target. Some are more difficult to catch than others. Based on skill level and the quality of trip you would like, we will discuss our options at time of booking. Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon, Snook, Redfish, Trout, Snapper, and Shark are species that regularly swim our waters. Fishing for these species does vary throughout the year; however, most days we can go out and find some.
- For the more experienced angler, poling the flats or mangrove shorelines hunting for Bones, Permit, Snook, and Redfish is a great way to spend your day while testing your angling skills.
- For the more novice angler, we could head back to the park and search for Trout and Snapper. We also regularly catch Ladyfish, Jacks, Barracuda, and Sharks. Rod bending is fun and highly productive.
- Fly fishing trips are also available to anglers who truly want to test their angling skills.
Boat & Gear
I operate a 17ft Maverick HPX tunnel hull. It is powered by a 70 hp Yamaha 4-stroke engine. All fishing licenses, park passes, and fishing gear is provided for the day. If you have a favorite fishing rod that you would like to bring, you are more than welcome. I offer St. Croix Spinning and Echo Fly rods. Reels are either Shimano or Penn on the spinning side, Tibor available for the fly guys. Spinning rods are outfitted with braided line, and artificial baits are provided. We do use live bait for certain species; those will also be provided by the Captain.
What You Should Bring
- I have a cooler that will be iced down with plenty of bottled drinking water. Feel free to bring anything else that you want to eat or drink. NO BANANAS will be allowed on the boat!!!
- A good pair of polarized sunglasses is an absolute must if you want to sight fish.
- A light raincoat, sunscreen, buff, and hat are also highly recommended. If you are coming May-Sept I would recommend lightweight long sleeve pants and shirts as well as socks and shoes – “it can be a bit buggy that time of year”.
- Light soled shoes or sandals are preferred. Please do not wear black soled shoes.
- Reminder: this is a 17ft skiff we are fishing on, storage space is limited, so please pack lightly.
- For fly anglers who bring their own gear: please put your rods together before you show up in the morning.
- ½ Day (4 hours) $450
- ¾ Day (6 hours) $600
- Full Day (8 hours) $700
Cash payment is preferred; however, credit cards are accepted. Credit card payments are subject to cover the 4% card fees. A $100 deposit is due once you book your fishing trip.
We offer a 7-day cancellation policy. If you cancel within the 7 days of your trip, you WILL be charged in full.
Captain Jacob will make the call based on the weather!
Location & Lodging
We fish out of Pines and Palms Resort in Islamorada. Please check out their site if you need lodging.
Please reach out to let me if you have any questions.